Choosing glass tile
for your home project can sometimes be a tricky endeavor, as you might not know everything necessary to make an educated decision. However, we want to make sure you know everything you need to know and then some. To make that happen, we’ve put together some of the most pertinent facts for you, all in one convenient place.
Gowdy Flooring is dedicated to making sure our customers receive complete care, from the moment you walk into our Amarillo, TX showroom until you leave with your dream flooring. If you are in the areas of Amarillo, Canyon, Dumas, Borger, or Hereford, be sure to stop in and see us. Our associates are trained to make sure you get exactly what you want and need.
If you’re looking for a floor covering with infinite possibilities, glass tile is an excellent choice. In addition to feature flooring, these pieces can also be used for backsplashes, showers, fireplaces, wall accents, and so much more. A few key pieces of information to keep in mind while shopping this product line include:
- The tile you choose must be suitable for the purpose for which it will be used.
- If the tile includes a painted on backing, it shouldn’t be used in wet spaces.
- Following the manufacturer advice is the best way to assure your tiles reach their intended lifespan.
- Unsanded or powdered grout should be used to avoid scratching the glass surface.
- Glass is non-porous so it doesn’t stain and is incredibly easy to clean.
- Eco-friendly customers can ask for recycled glass that’s easier on the environment.